FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS常见问题解答
- What is “The Ngee Ann Kongsi Covid-19 Relief Fund for Teochews”?
As we face overall uncertainty in local and global outlook across many industries, many Singaporeans might have lost their job or have been retrenched due to COVID-19 pandemic.
We provide a one-time funding support of $500 to Teochew (patrilineal) Singapore Citizens, who are at least 21 years old and affected by the economic impact of the COVID-19 situation.
- Who qualifies for the relief fund? 谁有资格领取援潮金？
Applicant must be a Teochew* (patrilineal) Singapore citizen and at least 21 years old*. Applicant must currently be unemployed and experience total loss of income due to compulsory no-pay leave, retrenchment or termination for at least three months at the time of application.
Only one-time application per household will be approved. Applicants who are recipients of other national COVID-related funds/ schemes are also eligible to apply for this relief fund.
* based on year of birth i.e. born in year 1999 and earlier以出生年份为依据，即于1999年或之前出生
* based on birth certification or ICA profile
- Can applicant apply for the relief fund if both applicant and spouse (or any family members in the same household) are suffering from total income loss?
No. Only one application per household will be approved and a one-time relief of $500 will be disbursed.
- Is the applicant eligible if he/she is not experiencing total loss of income i.e. experienced partial loss of income e.g. 5%, 10%, 15% etc?
No. Applicant must have experienced total loss of income due to compulsory no-pay leave, retrenchment or termination arising from COVID-19 pandemic.
- Can applicant apply if he/ she has applied for and received other national COVID-19 related fund?
Yes. Applicant can still apply if he/ she meets our eligibility criteria.
- Can applicant provide only the CPF statement and not the letter from employer as supporting document?
Yes, we only need either one.
- How do I apply for the relief fund? 我该如何申请援潮金？
- Online Application: You may apply online or download the application form from our website.
- Physical Application Form & Mail-in: Complete the physical application form, attach with copies of supporting documents and mail to Teochew Federation (Singapore) at 563A Balestier Road Singapore 329879.
The application form is available at Teochew Federation (Singapore) and its affiliated clan associations and organisations.
填写申请表格并邮寄: 申请表格填妥后，附上证明文件复印件邮寄到新加坡潮州总会，地址：563A Balestier Road Singapore 329879.
Hotline热线: 6733 3207
Address地址: 563A Balestier Road, Singapore 329879
- When is the application period? 何时接受申请？
The application period starts from 2 November 2020 and ends on 31 March 2021.
- Can I apply if I do not have a bank account for the Giro disbursement? à
Yes, you may still apply for the relief fund. If successful, a cheque will be issued in your name for your collection.